Want to get out of your 2-year AT&T Wireless contract early? It’s going to cost you. How much? A fee high as $325 but probably less than that. The is a fee called an Early Termination Fee. Here’s how to calculate that fee:
1. If your contract was signed on or after June 1, 2010: $325 – ($10 x each full month of contract completed)
2. If your contract was signed before June 1, 2010: $150 – ($4 x each full month of contract completed)
How Do I Find Out When I Signed My 2-Year Contract?
1. Log in to AT&T Wireless at att.com:
2. Click on My Profile in the top right, then select User Information from the drop-down menu:
3. In the box labeled Contract Information, you’ll see your Contract end date:
2 years before that date is when your contract began. To calculate how far along in your contract you are, count the months to that date and subtact that number from 24 (example: 24 months – months until contract end date ).
If you wish to see the terms of your contract, click on Contract (Wireless), which will open a PDF document showing your calling plan, contract activation date, and other important info.
Here is the exact language on Early Termination Fees taken from AT&T.com’s Customer Agreement page:
If your Service Commitment includes the purchase of certain specified Equipment on or after June 1, 2010, the Early Termination Fee will be $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete. (For a complete list of the specified Equipment, check att.com/equipmentETF). Otherwise your Early Termination Fee will be $150 minus $4 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete.