It’s been a long time coming, but Nike has finally gotten into the GPS-tracking runner’s market with the Nike+ GPS app ($1.99). Nike will be taking on an established market of iPhone runner’s apps like personal favorite, Runkeeper.
The Nike+ GPS app uses the iPhone’s GPS to track distance and speed, while also offering some familiar Nike+ features like PowerSongs and motivational messages from Nike celebrity athletes. And best of all, it does not require the annoying Nike+ sensor from yesteryear.
- Records your run’s pace, distance, and run route.
- View calories burned.
- View your run route on Google Maps.
- Set goals and personal challenges within the app.
- Reach goals and get congratulatory and motivational messages from celebrity athletes.
- Get voice feedback on how your run is going.
- Activate your personalized PowerSong for that extra motivational push.
- Sync data with the Nike+ website, where you can set challenges, goals, and utilize the Nike+ runner’s community.
- View your history of runs.
Nike+ GPS is a $1.99 download from the App Store.