When you delete an app on the iPhone, it’s not completely gone from your life. It lives on in your iTunes library. You’ll notice this the next time the developer of the app updates it. iTunes will signal you, often annoyingly, that there is an update available to download. As you collect more and more apps, it becomes quite a chore to download all their updates. Here’s how to permanently delete apps to avoid such hassles:
How to Permanently Delete an iPhone App:
1. In iTunes, select Apps from the left column:
2. Find the app that you want to delete. You can use the search bar in the top right to quickly find the app:
3. Right click the app icon (or name of the app) and select Delete:
4. A pop-up prompt will ask you if you want to delete the app from your library. Click Remove:
5. A second prompt will ask you if you want to move the files to the trash bin. Click Move to Trash:
Empty your computer’s Trash Bin if you want to say goodbye to the app forever. Pfwew! That was a lot of work to simply get rid of an app.
Be sure to check out more of our iPhone Tips.